Monday, November 5, 2012

My Visa Application and an Exciting Invitation

On October 11th my mother and I drove to Los Angeles so I could apply for my six-month research/resident Visa for Finland. We found the Embassy/Consulate on the 21st floor of a building in Century City and I submitted my application to a very pleasant Finnish woman while talking through bullet-proof glass. I've since received my Visa in the mail and have been invited to the Finnish Consulate General's house on November 15th for lunch.  Pasi Sahlberg, a world renowned educational expert from Finland, will be there, as well.  I'm not sure what to wear to a Consulate General's house for lunch but I'm sure I'll figure it out.  :)

My departure date is now less than two months away and it's starting to become "real." Where will I live? What should I bring? What do I do with all my mail? So many questions!  I'm getting so excited to go!

Departure Date:  January 3rd

No comments:

Post a Comment